Keto Shepherds Pie
This is a version of shepherds pie that uses mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes for the Keto diet. The meat mix is a nice blend of seasoning and ketchup that is similar to a meatloaf.
- 1 lb Ground Beef, organic
- 1/2 Cup Onions, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- Pinch of: Onion powder, garlic powder, all purpose seasoning, salt, pepper
- 1 TB Chia, flax, hemp seeds (mixed together)
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage (OPTIONAL)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (topping)
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 TB Butter
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream
In a medium bowl, add ground beef, ketchup, seasonings, chia, flax and hemp seeds, and cabbage (or any vegetable of choice, if desire). Mix with hands or spoon until well blended.
Cook cauliflower and transfer to a food processor (or blender). Add butter and cream and blend until mashed thoroughly.
In a baking dish, add the meat, then put mashed cauliflower over that. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.