Keto Slow Cooked Sweet & Sour Meatballs
For a tasty treat, these meatballs are a sweet delight to please your appetite. Adapted to fit the Keto diet, the meat mix and sauce is made with healthy ingredients.
Begin with seasoning the ground beef and forming into balls, then place them on a parchment lined baking pan.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the sweet and sour sauce (see recipe below).
Put sauce in a slow cooker with the meatballs and cook on low for 3 hours. Then serve!
- 1 lb Ground beef (organic, grass fed)
- Seasoning: All-purpose seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- 1 cup Sukrin Gold (Keto brown sugar)
- 3 TB Coconut Aminios
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 2 TB Cooking wine (red or white)
- 1 1/2 cups Water (or beef broth)
- 1/8 Tsp Thickener (Xanthan Gum)
Season the ground beef and form into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a blender and run for a few seconds (to blend the thickener mainly).
In a slow cooker, add the meatballs and sauce. Cook on low for 3 hours. NOTE: If you want to cook on stove-top, cook for 1 hour in a large pot with lid with flame on low - stir occasionally.