Keto Slow Cooker Chuck Roast & Gravy
Forget about potatoes and carrots in your chuck roast or pot roast dishes, and any typical ingredients that are not Keto-friendly! This combination of seasoning and sauces will make your chuck roast and its gravy so delicious, you won’t miss the old ways of cooking this!
- Chuck Roast
- 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 1-2 cups Water
- 2 TB Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Ketchup (or homemade BBQ sauce)
- 1 TB Bone Broth stick (concentrate) (or 1/2 cup bone broth liquid)
- 1/2 cup Sherry Cooking Wine (or white cooking wine)
- 2 TB Coconut Aminios
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp Xanthun Gum (for thickening gravy only)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- salt and pepper
- All purpose seasoning (TJ's 21 Seasoning Salute)
Mix all wet ingredients and bone broth in crock pot.
Put seasoning mixture over chuck roast, both sides. Then add to crock pot.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours
Remove chuck roast and pour sauce into a sauce pan. SLOWLY sprinkle in xanthun gum to thicken gravy and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. To remove any lumps, put in a blender at the end.
Serve chuck roast with gravy topping and some vegetables - like mashed cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, salad, whatever!