Keto Swedish Meatballs
Avoid the sugar and high carb ingredients used in making traditional Swedish meatballs and try this Keto-friendly version.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Pork rinds, ground
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup Minced onions
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Tsp (each): Salt, pepper, garlic powder, all-purpose seasoning, allspice, nutmeg
- 1 Cup Chicken broth (video called for 1/4 cup but it wasn't enough)
- Drippings from baked meatballs (if not enough, add chicken broth)
- 1 TB Almond flour (or Xanthun Gum)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl mix pork rind crumbs and heavy cream. Let sit for 10 min to absorb.
Cook onions in butter until browned.
Add cooked onions to meat in a bowl. Add rest of ingredients for meat mixture except chicken broth. Mix until well blended together.
Form meatballs and partially cook in a skillet (about 5 min), flipping to brown other sides.
Transfer meatballs into a baking dish and add chicken broth. Cover dish with foil or lid. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
When meatballs are done baking, remove from oven and put pan drippings in a saucepan. May need to add more chicken broth. Whisk flour in to thicken and simmer about 5 min. stirring constantly.
Pour gravy over meatballs and serve!