Low Carb Layered Chicken Casserole
This is a Keto low-carb, lasagna-styled chicken casserole with a white creamy sauce.
Watch video (recipe below):
A chicken casserole dish that is great for a keto meal.
- 4 Cups Chicken, cooked (cut up rotisserie chicken)
- 1 Pkge Spinach (fresh)
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Cup Zucchini (sliced or cut up)
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 1 Cup Bone or Chicken Broth
- 4 Oz Cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- 3 TB Butter
- 1/4 Cup White Cooking Wine (OPTIONAL)
- 1 TB Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp each Salt, pepper, onion powder
- 1 Tsp each All purpose seasoning mix (parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme, rosemary)
- 1/2 Tsp Xanthan Gum (can use almond flour as thickener)
- 1 Pkge Keto-friendly pasta (OPTIONAL) -I used Bella Bondonza Organic Green Bean Fettuccine
In a pot, mix all sauce ingredients except thickener (Xantham Gum). Stir constantly for approx. 5 min.
Once blended and heated, add Xantham Gum (make into paste first by mixing it in water so it doesn't make sauce clumpy) and stir until sauce is thickened.
Prepare vegetables - cut, slice, etc.
In a casserole dish, place chicken on bottom, then layer with mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, and spinach (any vegetables of choice).
Pour white sauce over chicken and vegetables
Top with shredded cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Use any combination of vegetables you desire for this recipe!