Nut-based Grain-free Porridge
For a nice, high fat hot cereal, this grain-free nut-based porridge takes the place of hot cereal made with grains. This can be sweetened up to your choosing with added berry fruit to your liking.
- 1 cup Water (or coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup Ground nut blend (this used hazelnut meal. You can blend your own nut mixture))
- 1/8 cup Ground Flaxseed meal
- 1 Tsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp Psyliuum Husk (optional - to thicken) (or cream of tartar)
- 1 TB Butter
- Sweetener of choice (this used Sukrin brown sugar)
- (optional) Berry fruit
In a small pot, heat water (or coconut milk) to simmer point. Then add the ground nut meal blend, chia seeds, and psyliuum husk (or cream of tartar). Stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
Remove from burner and let sit 1 minute before adding topping - butter, sweetener, fruits